Wednesday, April 16, 2014

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs Predictions -Dan

Seeing that I am supposed to be doing Graduate School work and watching my 8 month old son, I will keep this brief.

I'll also be honest and tell you all that I have not been able to watch much hockey since the Olympics so my picks will probably reflect that.

Boston-Detroit
Boston is healthy and playing very well to end the year.  They have the goaltender and the team D to keep Detroit in check.  The miles are starting to pile up on Chara who has looked slow at times this season. 
BOSTON IN 5

Tampa Bay - Montreal 
This might be the most evenly matched series in the East.  The addition of Vanek seems to be working quite well for the Habs.  But Stamkos + Callahan > Vanek and Pacioretty = BOLTS IN 7

Pittsburgh - Columbus
This is a interesting match up for the Pens.  I see the Jackets giving the Pens a lot of trouble keeping games close but overall the Pens are just a better team and they have #87
PENS IN 6

Philadelphia - New York 
This looks to be an interesting match up also.  The Flyers turned things around from a terrible start to the season and have played good if not great hockey ever since they changed head coaches.  The Rangers have some firepower on paper but just haven't seemed to put it all together.  They are just kind of there.  Not great, not bad just average.
FLYERS IN 6  I refuse to root for Marty St. Louis after the move he pulled to leave TB and I think another Philly-Pitt series would be awesome.  This pick could backfire if Mason reverts to his days in Columbus and they don't get enough PP opportunities.

Anaheim - Dallas
The Stars getting in is a good story but I don't see them taking down the Ducks.  Perry and Getzlaf are too much for the Stars to handle.  DUCKS IN 5

Colorado - Minnesota
Finally we reach the series that will split the Isenberg home for at least a week!  I'll take A'nna's young and speedy Avs over Otto's old philosophers (Bryz) from Minnesota.  AVS IN 5

San Jose - Los Angeles
This should be a great series.  I have no real insight into it at all so I will flip a coin and say... 

SHARKS IN 7

St. Louis -Chicago
It's too bad that both of these team were hit with an injury bug and struggled down the stretch.  I really don't have a clue who will win so since I live in Buffalo and it is beneficial to the Sabres for the Blues to make the conference final, I will take BLUES IN 7

 

No comments:

Post a Comment